Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Monday, November 19

In the interests of being able to keep up with my trip I'm going to try and blog a little each day about what I've been up to. I will, of course, finish the remaining cities (Prague-nearly done, Brno, Innsbruck, Venice, Naples and Rome GEE!!!).

So, today was a travel day (Rome to Florence) which could not have come at a better time. I've felt rundown, tired and sore all over for the last few days and needed a day off. I now know why I feel like I do - I have the 'flu which I picked up from a little boy in the train to Pompeii last week. He was clearly sick and coughed right in my face several times. Oh well, it had to happen sooner or later when traveling on crowded commuter trains. The trip to Florence was again on the high speed train (250 km/h much of the way). Finding the hotel was easy with the directions they provided so I was settled in by 3:00pm. Went out to get oriented and to pick up some supplies (including acetaminophen to treat my symptoms) and had an early night.


No comments:

Post a Comment